Light Curry Chicken

Truly this started off as being a food blog. lol I feel really bad that it's somehow morphed into "All wedding all the time."

Last night I did cook so I can actually share some tips!

Light Curry Chicken
8-10 oz of cubed boneless skinless chicken breast pieces (small is good for stir-fry)
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 clove of minced garlic
1/2 tsp of honey
1/2 of a chopped onion
1/2 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper

Marinate chicken, honey, cumin, coriander, curry powder and olive oil together. The longer the better, but at least 1 hour. In a hot wok or frying pan drizzle a little oil and saute up your jalapeno pepper then add garlic. Add chicken and when it starts to look brown add the onions. stir fry until onions have started to soften. Serve over rice.

I'm a big curry fan but I have no patience cooking something for hours so the meat is tender. So this is definitely lighter fare since it doesn't have a creamy base the way normal curries would. However I think that onions and curry are a match made in heaven and it just brings out an amazing sweetness in the onion to contrast the spices and jalapeno. The honey makes it easier for the otherwise colorless chicken breast to get a nice caramelized brown. If you like it hot then don't get rid of the seeds, the recipe is pretty mild but nicely aromatic from the spices.

If a person can have a favorite spice, mine would have to be cumin.

I invited Kim over to have brunch at my apartment this Sunday. I figure I have a ton of eggs and it'd be nice to do some casual entertaining. I'm not as much of a hostess as Kim is, but I'm certainly a very avid chef if given the opportunity. I'll be doing omelets. Toast. Maybe home fries or turkey bacon. But most definitely mimosas =) She's probably going to ask her friend Jen to join in, which is fine by me. I just have to do a little grocery shopping for omelet related veggies though.

So I hope to hide away my now, 22 boxes worth of glassware before Sunday when I have guests. lol Maybe if I wake up early I'll be able to load up my car with boxes and drop them at my parents' house. It'll take at least 3 carloads since I hardly drive a big car.

In wedding-ish related news Trevor's old work friend Jerry invited us out tomorrow as a sort of engagement party. She reserved a table or room or whatever at Crush, a local bar in Hartford and invited some of the "old gang." It's supposed to begin around seven p.m. so I'm sure that'll be like appetizers and drinks. I wonder if I'm supposed to dress up for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe