DJ almost officially chosen

Trevor & I had a DJ interview on Monday. Rob from Afterhours in Westfield MA was very nice. Trevor & I felt as though Rob would be a fantastic DJ. He was a referral from my co-worker Liz who had gone to a wedding he DJ-ed. He's a tad pricer than Trevor & I want to go, but he'll personally be doing our wedding along with an assistant and would do 2 set ups. One for the ceremony and one for the reception. And I liked that Rob seemed to have everything taken into account so we wouldn't have to worry about it. He even comes with his own backup generator in case anything happens to the electricity. Trevor is in charge of DJ though I think he'll just go with Rob in lieu of trying to search out an alternative DJ.

We still need a photographer. Photographers are not cheap; some people spend more on the photographer than they do on the wedding. Trevor, having already shown a great deal of sticker shock predictably doesn't think spending $1,000+ on a photographer is warranted. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a photographer when I don't even really want any prints but $1,000 is an entirely low-ball estimate but of course I worry that saying that will result in Trevor's head exploding.

On the plus side, Trevor said Maggie does some amateur photography on the side. On the negative side, since I have absolutely no idea about the quality of her work I don't know how comfortable I feel having a friend do it. The one plus side of having a stranger do it is that if you end up not liking it you can complain to them without compromising your friendship.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if it costs a little more to not have a heart attack on my wedding day I'll pay more.

We also had dinner at The Mill on The River yesterday. It was pretty good. We had some negatives about the the sushi plate not entirely being up to expectation, but the steak and lobster plate I got was quite good & the salmon Trevor ordered was fine if not slightly over-sweet. The presentation was lovely and the service was very nice and accommodating. I get the feeling that our guests would be pleased overall.

I'm still pretty uninterested in receiving actual wedding gifts in favor of money. I thought maybe that sentiment would change over time but...it really hasn't. As it is I'm trying to weed out things from our apartment to throw away because it's too crowded full of junk that irritates me. I don't want to receive anything else that I need to dust. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medium Fidelity

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass