Duck Duck...

I also have this innate Asian mentality of showing my love with food. So I want to make food, and I want to feed my loved ones to show how much I care about them. I don't know a single Asian woman that doesn't want to make sure all of her loved ones are well fed. I guess it's just part of one's desire to nurture.

I made some Chinese BBQ Pork on Wednesday (just the meat part of the recipe; I didn't have the patience to make the dumpling dough) and it was really good. I wouldn't say it's like the Char Siu you'd get at the Asian market with the pink-y sauce but still very savory and moist.

Trevor insisted on having some duck this year so I brought home a duck and we baked it with some of his favorite teriyaki sauce on each side and then finished it with some time on the grill. I can't say duck is terribly healthy for you, but I think it's important to indulge yourself once and so often so you don't feel like you're just a robot. You should enjoy the food you put into your belly. As a side I sliced up some eggplant and lightly pan fried with garlic, some red onion and some duck drippings to give it some flavor. It was quite a rich but delicious meal.

I'm still very much on my cereal for lunch diet. When I'm at work all I eat for lunch is a bowl of cereal and milk. I try mix up the cereal I eat each week just so I'm not entirely uninterested in my food. I'm surprised I've kept it up for this long actually, but my parents can't stop commenting on how I'm losing weight and part of me is vain enough to keep it going for as long as I can. Plus, what could be easier than pouring some cereal and milk? Even when I'm a zombie in the morning I can put that together for myself. And that humble cereal might not seem like a lot, but it's much better than going out to buy a value meal combo at the local fast food hut. Plus the holidays will be here before you know it and the pesky weight that comes along with the holidays will follow shortly after. I guess you could say I'm bracing myself for the inevitable over indulgence come November.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe