The singles and the engaged

Congrats to Jeff & Jill on their recent engagement!

Slowly but surely all the friends are getting married. Shaun and Joe beat us all, but the rest of us are getting there too.

In other relationship news, though not quite as exciting unfortunately, Kim and her live-in boyfriend Ryan have broken up. I put off posting about it though in hopes that they'd work it out. Particularly since they live together and still share a bedroom I thought it was inevitable that they'd kiss and make up but a week has passed so far and nothing's been happening. I still sort of hope that they'll re-kindle their flame, but the heart wants what it wants and if they can manage living together without an awful lot of awkwardness then I guess being apart isn't the end of the world either.

All of Kim's friends are single and quite ready to mingle. lol Kim lives with Anya, Anya's friends with Viki, Viki's friends with Dianna...and so on and so on. So, usually I'd be concerned about Kim being lonely but she seems to be in good company. She's got girls to hang out with and they all share a common goal of meeting eligible young men. I loved being single and crazy with Kim, but I'm practically a married woman now and I just don't have it in me anymore go out every weekend until 2-3 in the morning.

Kim has also given up on being a Mary Kay lady and is now going to be a Lia Sophia rep. I didn't even know what the heck Lia Sophia was, but apparently it's costume jewelry. I don't really wear costume jewelry but at least these folks don't make Kim carry an inventory like Mary Kay did. I find it to be a bit of a scam that the MK reps were the ones having to spend all their money to even get the pleasure of selling beauty products that might I add, always change and always have different limited editions so then if you're a rep you have to constantly buy this new inventory and then sell your old stuff at a discount to get rid of it. If you'd like some discounted beauty products from Mary Kay though, you should hit up Kim for some now because she's liquidating her inventory.

I'm not terribly big on these "parties" where they turn the screws on you to make a purchase even though everything is ridiculously overpriced. For the cost of buying some Tastefully Simple I could go to an organic natural foods store and actually get healthful food. I admit their stuff is quite tasty, but not worth spending a weeks worth of grocery money on a few accouterments full of sugar and salt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medium Fidelity

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass