Cathy's in Town

I did something that I haven't done in at least 3 years. I hung out with Kim and Cathy on Wednesday evening. Ever since Cathy moved to Montana with her then boyfriend Casey she's pretty much been out of the picture but now that she and Casey are engaged she has decided to come back East to have her wedding and therefore right now she's busy planning and viewing locations for her big day.

At present I think she's going to be doing it at La Renaissance in East Windsor with the ceremony preceding it at a Baptist church in Hartford. If you happen to know Cathy's mom you'll know how energetic and social she is and as a result you will also not be surprised to hear that their wedding will probably include over 200 guests. But for Cathy's economic sanity her parents are taking care of the cost of the reception.

In any case, since Kim is the maid of honor in both of our weddings was going to hang out with Cathy anyhow and since I literally never see her I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to spend time with two of my favorite girls. Considering so much time has passed I suppose I was expecting it to be different, but Cathy is very much as I last remember her. She's super loud, aggressive, slightly rude, and mildly offensive...but that's her. We all met up for a bite to eat at Carrabba's in Manchester since Kim's newest beau Ryan is training to be general manager of a different Carrabba's location. The food was "eh". I'd give it 2 1/2 stars for being edible, but nothing worth going out of your way for. I thought the Red Snapper Chowder was pretty good but the ravioli wasn't amazing. Trevor got an upset stomach two times; once when he originally ate the meal and then the next day when he dug into leftovers.

Ryan seemed nice enough; though I wasn't exactly expecting him to be rude and crude. He kind of reminds me of a coworker of mine from work. He's nice but slightly awkward. Apparently Ryan lost a lot of weight; having looked at his license he looks like an entirely different person from his ID.

In any case, it was very entertaining to see the girls. The next day Trevor and I went to Willi to tie up some loose ends with the old Miata that Coran crashed and never took care of registration things after the crash. In any case, we stood in line at the town hall for a little bit, chatted up some of Trevor's mom's tenants since we were in the area and then we went out to have some wings at Bidwell Tavern with one of Trevor's WoW friends. Yes, my fiance is a World of Warcraft addict, but I hardly think anything of it since it gives him a way to communicate with people other than me on a day to day basis.

So after two days going out after work I'm pretty pooped. It makes me feel old. It never used to feel so worn out from going out and coming home before midnight.

In wedding related news, since I know no entry is complete without some kind of update, I'm taking two tours tomorrow. One in the morning at the Glastonbury Hills Country Club and one at the Pavillions at Crystal Lake in the afternoon. Trevor and I always go out to sushi every Saturday for lunch so we'll be doing that in between our two appointments. I hope that one of these places is "it" so that I'm done with this!

I'm more than happy to put a down payment on a place if I like it. And knowing that Cathy's got her place lights a fire under me to claim a date! They go surprisingly fast, even a year out like this. Ryan recommended the Aqua Turf in Plantsville, but it's a little farther than I'd like to go for our wedding distance-wise so it'll be the next one on my list if both tours tomorrow come up short. It's a tad pricier than I'd like, but if the service is as good as Ryan said then it may be worthwhile to consider.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe