Possible Photographer?

My parents seem "eh" about the place we booked for our wedding. On the bright side one of my dad's old co-workers is a photographer so dad will be asking him about possibly doing our wedding.

If that's the case then I think it'd be great to get it off my list of things to do. (phew!)

I made Trevor his favorite dinner tonight and somehow burned my elbow on the oven (ouch) but it's so rare that I decide on making seafood lasagna that I don't entirely mind. It's nice to see him so happy. It's truly the little things that bring us together as a couple. I also made a root beer float for us to share and toasted up some nice warm bread along with our meal.

I get the feeling that I probably put a lot more effort into our weekday meals than most other people do, but I think it's nice to be able to sit down and enjoy a meal with my soon-to-be-husband. We're going to be our own little family in the near future and it's good practice ;) Trevor often blames me for his weight gain and I try to take it in stride. I can't help the fact that he can't just have one portion and call it a day.

To be fair, when he was a bachelor he wasn't as readily tempted by food as he is living with me. I can't help but want to stuff all the pantries full of food...you know, just in case. Tomorrow we're having ribs although I don't particularly like BBQ slathered ribs so I'll be doing it like my mom does with lots of garlic.

Devin's in town, sorta. Devin's up at the Cape with some of his Philly friends and Trevor wants to visit him on Friday and go to Boston Saturday to do some fantasy sporty thing. Since he's in town I don't know if I'll make it to Susan's bachelorette party. Since Devin's so far away most of the year I know how important it is to Trevor to see his brother.

It's also important to me to see Emily sometime this summer. I always make it a point to visit her for one long weekend each summer and spend some time wandering NYC with her, reliving our years as college roomies and just being snarky and dorky together. I don't think I've ever gone to NYC and actually gone out at night anywhere; we just go shopping and eat and eat and eat as much as our bellies will allow. I'm a big fan of brunch with Emily. I'm particularly a fan of Eggs Benedict and Bloody Marys/Mimosas. Last time we just stayed in and watched Project Runway reruns and I skimmed through some of Emily's millions of free books. Since she works for a publisher she gets tons of free books; more than she could probably ever read.

In other wedding news I have enlisted the assistance of Trevor's aunt Peggy and his mom with wedding prep. I think I got a handle on invites and favors but I'll probably end up needing help with the bouquets/boutonnières and any day of site decoration. Peggy is currently all over making us a wedding cake. I'd like a raspberry mousse layer and Trevor would like an almond layer. Thankfully those flavors are complimentary.

I'm currently torn between having my hair up or having it down. Since I have a strapless dress and I'm also anti-veil that I'll look very naked without some flowing hair, but it's very traditional to have your hair up. I'm mostly anti veil because I think it'll detract from the beautiful back detail of my gown, which is half of the reason I chose it. Maybe I'll compromise and end up with it half up and half down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe