Ahhh my face!

I haven't threaded in a while. If by chance you aren't blessed enough to know what it is, you can read up on it right here. I have to say that I've been doing it for years and I still don't entirely like it. Long story short, it hurts a lot but it's effective and cheap and thus the reason why I do it. I probably don't do it enough, but it's hard to muster up excitement in regards to ripping out hair from your tender face.

My mom does it and through a bit of mimicry I eventually learned how to do it myself. It's simple enough in principle but it's pretty tough to get your hands to want to cooperate. In any case, I've subjected many an innocent friend, family member of loved one to threading because I think that it's the best way to rid yourself of facial hair. Unless you're a guy I don't think you should ever run a razor across your face, and I've heard too many waxing horror stories where someone's eyebrow gets accidentally taken off or they get some freaky rash because of the hot wax irritating their skin.

Yeah...I think I'll pass on that kind of traumatic experience.

I actually kind of get a kick out of hair removal. It reminds me of when Amanda, Kim & I were still really close and we tried to wax Kim's legs and dye her hair red. The hair worked out fine, but the wax was sticky and disgusting and somehow it got on all three of us. At the time we tried out Veet's wax and it sucked. Later I tried out Nair Sugar wax with Amanda and it worked like a dream. (On a side note I don't think they make it in the tubs anymore...very sad.) When it was just me and Amanda we actually were sitting on a giant plastic tarp in the middle of her kitchen so we wouldn't create quite as much as a mess as we did with Kim.

Looking back it makes me smile that we could have so much fun doing something so....un-fun together. So in my mind, it's somehow a positive activity. Plus your legs aren't half as sensitive as your face so eventually you get a high enough pain tolerance to not mind it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe