What Happens in Vegas...

I'm sick so I haven't been updating. I don't really even want to get up out of bed let alone write about how miserable I've been.
Vegas was a lot of fun. We didn't go out clubbing. We didn't go to Fremont Street like we wanted, but we still had a lot of fun hanging out together and eating to our heart's content. I loved the buffet at the Bellagio and I went to my first meal at PF Changs, which was also really good. I particularly enjoyed their specialty martinis. The vodka they used (Charbay) was unbelievably smooth.

We also had a "fancy" dinner at Delmonico, but I wasn't really blown away by the food. It met my expectation but it by no means blew me out of the water. My steak felt kinda blah and I know whenever I order steak I always say the same thing but it's so dull. Steak, even the kings of steak like Porterhouse and tenderloin still need some seasoning to be tasty. That being said, the service at Delmonico was really good and I think everyone deserves to be waited on like they're super important and rich. ;)

I am really glad we went, but I couldn't imagine living there. The weather was fantastic when we went but the smoke drove my eyes nuts. I think it also contributed to my getting sick because I was around the smoking so much more than I'm used to. I loved that there was every kind of restaurant you could dream of. I loved that there was always something to see. We caught a Cirque Du Soleil show, Ka, while we were there and it was gorgeous. I'd be silly of me to try and explain it since it's so beyond words, but it's food for your eyes. The colors, the costumes, the music, the lighting...it all really worked together for a beautiful show. I wouldn't mind seeing another Cirque show one day, but it's certainly not as cheap as seeing a movie and I'm happy to be home where entertainment doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I was sick on the last day we were in Vegas. I still wouldn't have changed a thing but I'm glad to be feeling slightly better now. I'm also feeling slightly refreshed from the worry that's been building up as the wedding gets closer and things feel that much more urgent. Of course the worry won't disappear until the wedding is done and paid for. lol But it's good to take a break from it and retouch with the person I'm marrying instead of focusing so hard on one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Double Your Stoves, Double Your Fun