I quit...invitations that is

I am sorry if you do not receive an invitation. I am also not sorry that I did not have to send out 80 million invitations.

Is the art of replying that hard? I've already got two replies that are not done correctly. I would be more upset except I'm just going to give them to my mom so she can call these folks because none of them are people I really know. If you are not coming, please still indicate your name...believe it or not, I am not a mind reader.

By the way, this is not going to be a particularly kid friendly event so it's best to leave the kiddies at home. Sorry, kiddies.

I needed to get that out. I'm surprised at how angry invitations can make a person. I am straight up aggravated...at...everything. This coming from a usually very level-headed chick.

Liza has also apparently started working on shower invites. The shower is located in MA so that puts a bit of a damper on the CT folks but a lot of Trevor's family is located in MA so it's convenient for many of them. I might end up trying to rally up local people so we can carpool. My mother has already dictated to me that I'll be driving her there so what's a few more bodies in the car?

Speaking of car, I'm so tired of being in one. This weekend we went to the Cape. We went to the Cape constantly in the beginning of our relationship but in retrospect I'm not sure how we managed it. lol I must be getting old because I'm totally worn out by the ride and road rage and traffic that caused the road rage...etc. It's fun to see everyone, as it always is but it'd be much better if we could teleport. I'm not complaining by any means because I know going to the Cape is a luxury considering there are many people who are squeezing their pennies to make ends meet and fill up their gas tanks just to go to work but it's pretty painful for me being in a car for long stretches. Plus I can't even use the time to catch up on something innocent like reading a book because it makes me sick to my stomach.

However, Strawberryfest at Trevor's-Cousin-Alex's-Girlfriend-Maggie's-mom's church was fun. I hulled more strawberries than I've ever seen but thankfully I find food preparation to be a zen like activity. Weird, huh? I just think there's something innately peaceful about something productive but thoughtless that keeps my hands busy and empties my mind from the thoughts that often crowd it up about the wedding, feeling guilty about not calling my mom, or not doing a chore at home...etc. Thoughts like that will eventually wear you down if you let them. Apart from a sore neck from sitting in an apparently less than idea ergonomic position for a few hours it was nice. The weather was beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Double Your Stoves, Double Your Fun