Invitations are done!

Invitations...are...ready!

I'd be lying if I told you I didn't spend all weekend working off and on this project. It takes time to label things (even if you have an admittedly very amended guest list) everything still needs to be clearly labeled, stamped and sealed. I think the task would have been ever so slightly easier if I were literate in Vietnamese but thankfully Dad and I sat down for a few hours so he could check my work.

I even got my first reply back from my cousin Lien, who actually had her invitation hand delivered by my parents.

Oh, and I got a free Cuisinart branded cookbook in the mail, apparently as a thank you gift/bribe for registering for Cuisinart stuff. It's kind of weird to be receiving gifts for essentially making a list of gifts but I certainly won't feel too sad about it. After all, you should never look a gift horse in the mouth. Has anyone else gotten random mailed free gifts? No one told me this is normal practice. I was only really expecting to receive gifts from people whom are invited to the wedding.

We had a meeting with the DJ. I wish we came better prepared but overall we have the gist of most of the songs that will be played at the major intervals during the wedding. It's a big decision. If you play sad, make you want to cry music, I'm sure it's meaningful but it's a huge downer and no one really wants to dance to it. If you play really popular music you also run the risk of alienating older guests who don't like rappers cussing in every other word. Generally acceptable, fun, non-offensive music doesn't just pick itself.

I won't lie and say I have really awesome taste in music. I'm kind of trapped in the late 90's early 00's alternative, electronic and r&b music of my high school and college years. I think you always have fond memories of the music that played during your youth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe