Yes, We Can

I guess it'd be really weird if I didn't mention the election. It'd be kind of like ignoring the elephant in the room. It's a historic time and I'm sure many of us will be talking about this for a very long time.

What I don't really perhaps...grasp is the whole racial undertone to it. I know it's historically valid and important to be the first African American President but at the same time it's not as though I voted for a race, you (hopefully) vote for a person, an individual you hope is competent and lives up to their promises. Perhaps if I were also African American it would speak more to my own personal strife and experience and the general historicness would resonate in me with a more profound significance. It's hard to say. Perhaps sometime in my lifetime we might have an Asian American President and I'll be able to have something to compare it to. You simply never know.

If nothing else, I think this proves that anyone really can be President. All the little girls and little boys really can see an extension of themselves up there in a position of great importance and know it's possible to attain. I think that in it self is a great pattern to start.

I won't rant at great length about my political beliefs because you'll almost always realize that there will be people you greatly care about, respect and have befriended do not share your opinion and will find it somehow in your best interest to berate you about how wrong you are. I don't know why, but politics has a way of lighting a fire in people and dividing them when everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Be it a snarky, annoying, or just plain offensive one your opinion is your own and you're entitled to hold it.

In any case, it's a riveting time to be alive during. People are losing their homes with defaulted loans. The economy is like a rollercoaster. We have the first Black President. I can't help but wonder what's up next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medium Fidelity

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass