To Post or Not to Post, that is the question

The baby's doing just great. The ultrasounds were beautiful. The doctor even used the term "perfect" to describe it. I know the gender and I am working with family on plotting a baby shower before the snow starts flying. I am however going to admit that I do not want to explicitly share my baby with the internet.

It's been a really hard decision for me to make because I tend to believe in openness and communicating in an open atmosphere but in my heart I do not want to share. I want to keep this baby close and safe and protected and I don't think that the internet is a safe or kind or nurturing place for an infant and I do not want to be that parent who struts their kid around like the prize pig at the fair. My job is to protect this little soul, not to exploit it.

For me, my kid is a kid not a status symbol. I don't care how many comments or "likes" I get about my baby. He/she is going to be the most beautiful thing I ever laid my eyes on and not a soul in this world could tell me otherwise. I know it's easy to live vicariously through your children. They physically are a part of you and it's easy to assume they're an extension of you but they're their own individual right from the get-go. I want to let my kid realize their own potential and find their own path and make their own mistakes. One day my kid can have their own internet presence but for now? Just be a kid. Just be a baby.

It goes by much too fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Double Your Stoves, Double Your Fun