The one about eyebrows

Random beauty nugget

Latisse applied to one's eyebrows will help sparse eyebrows grow back in after years of overplucking in the 90's.

Is your mind as blown as mine?!

I was not allowed to overpluck my eyebrows by my mother (who was in charge of such complicated things for teenage me who was too confused and inexperienced to be trusted with such tasks) plus the caterpillars that grew on my face were painful enough to manage without the agony of ripping several hundred more hairs into those surprised rainbows that Kate Moss made so popular.  However, many people in my generation are left with sparse eyebrows because eventually your follicles rebel and stop growing back.

I was a super hairy teenager.  I look back and wonder what the big deal was since I spend all of five seconds maintaining my eyebrows now but at the time I spent a long time taking deep breathes trying to manage the excruciating pain of those hairs being ripped out and my eyes watering in agony. Truly it felt like torture.  Plus I have dark hair so hair is incredibly obvious.  If I had blonde hair I don't think I'd have ever plucked my brows or cared about my non-visible mustache.

One of the funny things about eyebrows or hair in general is that it's a feature we can control. A facial feature we can CONTROL.  You can't control your nose size or lip shape or eye color but your brows can be pruned like a hedge into whatever you deem desirable.  Some people relish in the control and go OCD on their eyebrows until there's hardly anything left.  Unless you have fine delicate features on a small well proportioned face you need eyebrows to anchor your face and create structure.

I'm team full eyebrows all the way. Plus how else will people know you're surprised or annoyed or confused if you don't have full eyebrows to knit?


Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Double Your Stoves, Double Your Fun