Engagement Party

So far, I'm having a little difficulty skimming down my guest list.

Trevor does not want any more than 100 people to feed and entertain, and I think that it's impossible. At best I'll be able to get the guestlist down to around 130 and that's a very conservative total.

It's not as though I have a lot of friends. Kim and a few residual high school friends are still in the area so we're all friends still, but as for everyone else...it's a little more gray.

I'd love to invite everyone that I care about, but the fact of the matter is that it's not fiscally sound to do so. Plus my parents have to invite apparently half the world because we're related to every other vietnamese person in the greater hartford area. I kid, but it's pretty ridiculous nonetheless since I have over a dozen cousins. That's not even including aunts and uncles and friends of family that have known me since I was in diapers.

My engagement party is this Saturday. It's just family and will entirely revolve around eating. All of aunts, uncles, cousins and their respective couterparts in CT and MA on my mom's side will be in attendance. Trevor has invited his mother. I told him he could invite any of his family, but given that most of them are near the Boston area it's a tad inconvenient for them to drive down just to eat until they're sick and listen to garbled english. My mom however is our hostess and insistent that it was necessary to have our families meet.

My overall feeling is that most american people don't throw showers or parties until the wedding is a heck of a lot closer. I still have over a year so even my very enthusiastic maid of honor hasn't given thought to my bachelorette party.

I don't know if I'm really a "bachelorette party" kind of girl. If it includes having someone jump out of a cake, then I'd rather pass. Plus I barely have any female friends who'd want to go and be part of that whole scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medium Fidelity

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass