It's taken a few tries, but I have finally figured out how to make a pie crust that is tasty, tender, flakey and practically fool proof! Now, I don't consider myself a great pie-chef. In fact, I often leave pie crust on the plate because it's not my favorite part of the whole pie experience, but with a few tweaks it's actually quite yummy. 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup shortening, chilled 3 tablespoons ice water 1 tsp almond extract (or any complimentary extract to our filling Mix, or sift together the flour and salt together in a mixing bowl. I don't think it makes too much of a difference. Try your best to mix in the shortening until it's crumbly. I personally like to cut up the shortening first into tiny bits before mixing. Slowly add in water and almond extract until it all comes together into a ball. And this is the greatest trick for dough I never thought of. Tear a big piece of wax paper and place it on your counter and dis...
Comments