The Cheesecake Factory

I'm the last person in the world to talk about work because...ugh...work is boring. I talk about work like 40 hours a week, and that's probably 40 hours too many. lol But I have to say that my manager Sean is really nice. He took the whole team out to a holiday lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. And he let us out of work at 11am only to return around 1:30pm after enjoying a very long relaxing lunch. Of course, the downside was that I still had 8 hours of work awaiting me at my desk and at least half a dozen "fires" to put out. Ugh. :-P But focusing on the positive, lunch was very nice and although I'm very friendly with all my coworkers anyway it was refreshing to not be chit chatting about work.

I've been to the Cheesecake Factory one other time. It seems to be a very popular establishment since even at 11:30 there was a line out the door. "Really? On a random Tuesday?" Yes. Apparently people go buck wild over gigantic portions of food and calorie laden dairy based desserts. I'm not going to lie, it was good. I just can't quite understand the big fuss about it. Perhaps because it's new to us. The best part of the meal was the cheesecake, which I didn't even eat until I came home because I had at least 4 bites too many of my Spicy Crispy Beef which was a bit too...orange. I wasn't even hungry for my usual 3 p.m. piece of fruit. I got the Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake, which had a chocolate crust and creamy coconut filling with chocolate chunks floating in it and a layer of coconut flake.

Personally, I'm quite fond of coconut desserts. There's something exotic and extra-creamy about coconut that's very enjoyable but I find the actual coconut flakes to be a bit chewy.

I don't think I'd ever say it's my favorite new restaurant but I guess it's another new spot among the tons of other chain restaurants that a person could hit up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Double Your Stoves, Double Your Fun