Merry Merry Xmas

Merry Late Christmas to all!

Well, now that it's past the big day I can share what we got as gifts. Trevor & I split the cost of a 52" LCD Flatscreen tv. And while the frugal Fanny in me feels uncomfortable with such a big purchase, it's very long overdue and it's something we'll enjoy many hours of entertainment from.

I pulled his Aunt Deborah from the hat, so I got her a nice Nike workout outfit that coordinated together. (Matchy matchy is so 80's. You want to coordinate.) Trevor pulled Susan, but since we haven't seen her I have no idea if she opened her gift anytime recently. Other than that we didn't stress too much about gifts. I got my mother many Vichy products and I got my father a shot glass set because, would you ever believe it? He actually asked for one. I think he's going to use it for this vile tasting "medicine" composed of little more than what looks like bark, leaves, wood, and random dried plant type things fermented in vodka. I try not to question Eastern medicine, but having tasted it I can categorically say that it tastes horrible, which of course means it'll cure just about anything that ails you.

We spent Xmas up in Massachusetts with Trevor's family inclusive of Chowder the wonder Labrador. Well, perhaps not so wonderous since he's 11 years old, but he's a sweetheart and patient enough to allow Trevor to dress him up in an old teeshirt to make sure he didn't shed all over my car.

Ugh, the eating was insane. I don't even want to think about how full I was and now I look forward to New Years, which I guess we're spending again, up in Massachusetts since cousin Alex lives up there and Trevor, Devin & I are invited to spend it with him and his pals. I have no idea about any details because...well there probably aren't any yet. I don't even know where we'll be staying overnight but I do have Monday and Tuesday off from work so I'm not even going to think about it.

I do hope to fit in some time with my own family since my cousin Duc & his wife are in CT and will clearly expect to see me at some point. I don't think I've seen them in like 3 years at least because they've never met my Trevor. My mother is also asking I make her a triffle. She likes the yellow cake one with some sort of fruit, pudding, cool whip and bananas best. She's not a sweets person so when she requests a dessert to be made, she's serious about it. I also haven't seen hide nor hair of Kim in weeks so I'd like to eventually see that girl and make sure she's still alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe