Pre-Christmas Prep

Happy Almost Christmas. I spent my day baking, which is pretty normal for me anyway, but I typically don't bake more than one thing but having Christmas on the horizon I decided to go all out.

I made a cheesecake, since I still have some remnants of cheesecake desire from my prior visit to The Cheesecake Factory. I just made a plain one because I couldn't decide on a flavored one and I'd hate to make an already rich dessert even richer. And I made biscotti for my mom because she loves it. I made butter shortcake cookies because I have a soft spot for that buttery richness.

And in a final moment I decided I also wanted some peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I don't even like peanut butter, but when mixed with other things, as long as I don't have that mouth full of goo feeling I don't find it half bad.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup of flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup of oatmeal

Like just about every other cookie recipe in all time, cream all the wet ingredients together. Mix all dry ingredients together and then mix both of them together. Bake at 350 for like 15 minutes. Be sure to not overcook.

It truly is addictive, even if you're like me and don't like peanut butter.

I'm also half considering making a tiramisu because I typically make one for all special occasions. It's my thing. But I don't know if people will really find it in their bellies to eat like 4 dozen cookies, a cheesecake AND a tiramisu.

It's easy to over-do it during the holidays and I'm partially to blame since I want to bake everything. I love baking. I can't say I'm the best baker of all time but I do truly enjoy it.

For real food I made chicken lo mein with onion, scallion, and broccoli. I was thinking about har gow dumplings but that's really more of a mid-day type meal.

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, but hopefully I'll get a good amount done since no one else will be working and therefore I'll have less people bugging me. ;) I wrapped most of our gifts. I think we went a little overboard still considering that I really thought that picking names out of the hat thing was meant to make our lives easier, but I feel like we bought just as much stuff as we did last year. Liza and Devin were of the mind that while we each pulled just one name that we should still get "small" presents for everyone else, more as a gesture so that everyone had things to open on Christmas day.

So after I get out of work tomorrow we'll pack up our things, gifts, food and doggy. (Yes, Chowder is visiting us for the holiday, and yes he's shedding all over the place already and making himself at home.) And then we'll be on our way out the door to hang out with Devin Christmas Eve. I then hear tell that we'll have many people over on Christmas day for a big meal and present exchanging. I also took the day after Christmas off just to wind down and do any present exchanging I might end up needing to do, though hopefully I won't have anything to exchange.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe