Guacamole

Trevor (my boyfriend) and I are going to Japan on Wednesday.

So far I haven't packed a thing and am trying my best to tidy up the apartment before we go.

I'm usually over-prepared and over packed by now but I'm trying to be laid back. After all, it's my vacation and I shouldn't have to be stressed out about it.

Yesterday Kim came to visit. I made her some guacamole since she loves the way I make mine. I actually make it Trevor-style since he brought this particular combination of flavors to my attention. I put together a short cooking lesson for her so she could make it herself. Kim likes to cook too, but less on a day to day basis now that she's juggling her regular job and being a Mary Kay lady. Her cooking joy comes for hostessing and having a bunch of people over. I am definitely not a hostess; I just like cooking fun stuff.

Asian Style Guacamole
2 Avocados peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 small onion diced
1 tbsp lime juice
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp wasabi
garnish with strips of nori (seaweed)

Mix soy sauce and wasabi together in a small bowl. Mix avocado and onion together with lime juice. Stir in soy wasabi mixture and garnish with nori. Serve with chips or crackers. It's not much to look at but it sure is tasty. If you have tomatoes you can add some diced ones to the mixture too. It's a very flexible recipe.

I just bought an ice cream maker Saturday so today I made Trevor some Green Tea Ice Cream. It's his favorite dessert and it's difficult to find even in specialty stores. I'm okay with GTIC, but I made some Raspberry Strawberry Sorbet for myself just in case. I never really got into sorbet because it was the low-fat version of ice cream, but after having some I really liked it. It's fresh and clean feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Jawline Sharp Enough to Cut Glass

Layover Woe